Aku agak susah hati bila baca article yang aku copy and paste di bawah ini.
Setiap tahun akan ada seorang dua anak muridku yang mempunyai tanda tanda Learning Disability ini.
Perkara yang paling sukar sekali ialah untuk memberitahu ibubapa perihal ini.
Seringkali bila aku sampaikan hal sebegini kepada ibubapa, reaksi mereka ialah endah tak endah ataupun merasakan aku memandai mandai...atau marah marah!
Dan adakalanya juga aku diCOP sebagai TAK RETI nak mengajar budak budak..
A learning disability affects the way kids of average to above average intelligence receive, process, or express information and lasts throughout life. It impacts the ability to learn the basic skills of reading, writing, or math.
The Coordinated Campaign for Learning Disabilities (CCLD), a coalition of national organizations within the learning disabilities community, defines LD as "a neurobiological disorder in which a person's brain works or is structured differently."
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders — Fourth Edition (DSM-IV), used by psychologists and medical doctors, doesn't list "learning disability," but describes disorders in reading, mathematics, and written expression. Academic achievement, as measured by standardized tests, must be substantially below expectations for the child's chronological age, intelligence, and age-appropriate education.
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the federal law that provides for special education, defines "specific learning disability" as a disorder in one or more of the basic psychological processes involved in understanding or using spoken or written language. Skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and/or mathematics may be negatively affected.
Facts about LD:
· Difficulty with basic reading and language skills are the most common LD.
· LD may be inherited.
· LD affect girls as frequently as they do boys.
· Kids don't outgrow or get cured of LD.
· With support and intervention, kids with LD can be successful in learning and life.
· Speaks later than most kids
· Is unable to find the right word when carrying on a conversation
· Can't rapidly name words in a specific category
· Has difficulty rhyming
· Has trouble learning alphabet, days of the week, colors, shapes, numbers
· Is extremely restless and easily distracted
· Can't follow directions or routines
Masih terngiang ngiang di telinga aku kata kata dari ATUK FARIS : Perkara yang paling sukar sekali ialah DEALING WITH HUMAN BEING...
SABOR JE LA....